Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Goodbye to an Australian Monument



From what I am told (since when I went I only remember being told the story about the "London Bridge") there are only 8 apostles left out of the original 12. These "apostles" are really lovely rock formations that are part of the landscape of the southern Australia coastline (near Melbroune on the famed Great Ocean Road).

This past 3rd of July another apostle dissapeared. It was victim of nature itself - the ocean wave's constant erosion. It still makes me sad to see something so beautiful leave us and know no one else will be able to see it. There's no doubt that we have to cherish the things we now have and take advantage of all our opportunities. There's no reason to say "I can go any day I want" because perhaps when we do go, it won't be there anymore.

Here's the news article as written by the Sydney Morning Herald: http://smh.com.au/articles/2005/07/03/1120329317510.html

And here are some photos too. The first one was taken by me in 2001 and the second one I found in the Sydney Morning Herald article.

BEFORE

















AFTER

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home